Recently released scientific studies by Switzerland's of Pharmacology and Toxicology, conducted in 2001, prove a link between synthetic sunscreens and hormonal disturbances in the body. The chemical compounds in synthetic sunscreens have been found to accumulate in body fats and in breast milk, and, by mimicking the effects of estrogen, can induce undesirable hormonal changes.
100% natural mineral pigments can deliver effective UVA, B and C protection. Mineral pigments create a physical shield that sits on the surface of the skin to block UV rays and do not in any way affect the healthy functioning of internal organs or the normal balance of reproductive hormones.
Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are minerals used in natural sunscreens. These natural minerals builds a physical protection layer on the skin and reflects the sunlight naturally without transforming into a toxic compound. There are several advantages to 100% Mineral Based Sun Protection:
- Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are the active ingredients - they are non-estrogenic, unlike some synthetic sunscreen actives.
- 100% non-toxic and safe for the whole family, including babies & kids six months and up.
- It does not accumulate in the body and also does not interfere with the hormonal system.
- PABA Free, so do not cause sun induced irritations.
- Light, almost invisible on the skin and very easy to apply.
- Effective immediately after application - no wait time necessary.
- Broad spectrum UV protection against UVA, B and C rays.